I.S. 318 is hosting a couple drives to help our school and surrounding communities. Please see attached flyers and get involved !
All families and students can continue to go to any school building between 9a.m. and noon on weekdays to pick up three free grab-and-go meals. No identification or registration is necessary. Halal and kosher meals are available at some sites, which are listed at schools.nyc.gov/freemeals.
o From 3-5 p.m., New Yorkers of all ages can pick up free meals at 260 Community Meals sites across the city. For a list of sites, please visit schools.nyc.gov/freemeals.
Do you need a device, need technical support or to fix a broken device, or are dealing with a lost or stolen device? Call DOE’s IT Help desk at 718-935-5100 and press 5 to get assistance.
You can also get quick help online:
· Browse tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
· File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
· Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
· Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
· Issues with your Internet connection: schools.nyc.gov/internet
Thank you to everyone that stepped up this year (2020-2021) to continue the efforts of the IS318 PTA. We thank the nominating committee and all those who attended the meetings to help the following parents get elected to the board.
Our new PTA Executive Board includes:
Co-Presidents- Thandi James + Maritza Henriquez
Treasurer- Eve Chiang
Secretary- Jennifer Hamdan
Tech Coordinator- Henry Deguara-Pagan
Volunteer Coordinator- Nina Cinelli
Registration for New York Edge after school programs is now open. Visit newyorkedge.org/enroll for more information.
Dear Parents + Guardians-
PTA elections are being held during our PTA Meeting on Thursday, October 22st at 6:00pm via zoom. SLT elections will be held immediately after the PTA elections (in the same meeting). In order to conduct secure and fair elections the office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is requiring a few extra steps compared to our regular zoom meetings. They are:
• Please register at Eventbrite in advance at www.eventbrite.com/e/125893933143
• You will receive an order confirmation with a number (your ticket). Every voter will need to register separately.
• When you enter the zoom meeting please rename yourself with your ticket confirmation number. You will be able to call in but it is much simpler to vote via zoom video. If at all possible, please select this option. Every parent and/or guardian of a current IS318 Student is eligible to vote. Each voter will need to register and sign in on to zoom separately.
• We will be taking nominations from the floor for ALL PTA & SLT positions. You can also email IS318PTAelection@gmail.com with advance nominations. We must elect a President, a Treasurer and a Secretary in order to be certified. Positions can also be Co-Pres/ Co- Treas/ Co-Secretary. SLT has 7 vacant parent seats.
• Elections will be conducted via Google Survey by link during the meeting.
• If you can not register with Eventbrite please contact IS318PTA@gmail.com and we will give you a registration number and call in information.
• If you have any questions about PA positions or the process please contact the PTA or election committee.
Thanks for working with us on this process!
IS318 PTA+ Election Committee
Las elecciones de PTA se llevarán a cabo el 22 de octubre a las 6 pm a través de zoom. Las elecciones del SLT se llevarán a cabo inmediatamente después de las elecciones de la AP (en la misma reunión). Para llevar a cabo elecciones seguras y justas, la Oficina de Participación Familiar y Comunitaria (FACE) requiere algunos pasos adicionales en comparación con nuestras reuniones habituales de zoom. Son:
1. Regístrate en Eventbrite con antelación en www.eventbrite.com/e/125893933143
Recibirá una confirmación de pedido con un número (su boleto). Cada votante deberá registrarse por separado.
2. Cuando ingrese a la reunión de zoom, cambie su nombre con el número de confirmación de su boleto. Si es posible, seleccione esta opción. Todos los padres y / o tutores de un estudiante actual de IS318 son elegibles para votar. Cada votante deberá registrarse para hacer zoom por separado.
3. Tomaremos nominaciones de la sala para TODOS los puestos de PA et SLT. Considere correr. La junta debe tener un presidente, un tesorero y un secretario para poder ser certificado. SLT tiene siete asientos para padres vacantes.
4. Las elecciones se llevarán a cabo a través de Google Classroom Recuerde completar la encuesta para cada puesto durante la reunión y
5. Si no puede registrarse en Eventbrite, comuníquese con IS318PTA@gmail.com y le darán un número de registro y la información de llamada.
6. Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre los puestos de la AP o el proceso, comuníquese con la AP en IS318PTA@gmail.com
¡Gracias por trabajar con nosotros en este proceso!
Dear IS318 families,
We are here!! After much anticipation, the 2020-2021 school year has officially begun. We would like to offer our endless gratitude to our school administration, teachers and staff for their tireless work! While this year will undoubtedly be like no other- we strongly believe that together we can work to provide the very best experience for our kids. Together, the PTA and the administrative team, will continue to build on the deep sense of community at IS318!
Please note the following important dates:
Thursday, September 24, First PTA Meeting of the School Year
Thursday, October 15, PTA Meeting + PTA/ SLT Election
*details to follow
Additionally, Jupiter Grades is the platform used at IS318 and it has EVERYTHING all in one place. Your child’s classwork, homework, progress, grades, school information, correspondence, etc can all be found on Jupiter Grades!
If you need assistance, please contact your Assistant Principal:
6th Grade: Mr. John Nagler email@example.com
7th Grade: Mr. Galvin firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade: Ms. Santamaria email@example.com
Lastly, please visit the school website IS318.com (check the parent/ PTA tab too!) periodically for updates.
As always, please reach out to us with ANY recommendations, questions or concerns: IS318PTA@gmail.com
Emily, Sarah, Thandi, and Henry
IS318 PTA Executive Board